Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Books I Read In 2017


Ok, here's the scoop. I had a baby in late 2016 and therefore didn't have a ton of time to read in 2017, unless you count Hippos Go Berserk and a bunch of other Sandra Boynton books a million times. (I did, somehow, find the time to watch the entire Gilmore Girls revival TWICE as well as the entire series from start to finish). Anyway, the books that I did read tended to be short autobiographies as those were easy to pick up, read a few pages, and come back to them later. Big plans for 2018, but here's my feeble 2017 list:

1) The Girl With All The Gifts - M.R. Carey: In all honesty, I started this one in 2016, but I did finish it in 2017 so that counts, right? Enjoyed it. Curious to see how the movie adaptation played out.

2) Talking As Fast As I Can - Lauren Graham: Since I was very into Gilmore Girls during those long, long days and nights in early 2017, I gobbled this book up. She writes like she talks and I enjoyed all the juicy insights into Parenthood and her relationship with Peter Krause.

3) You'll Grow Out Of It - Jessi Klein: I heard about this book while listening to Jessi guest host on a parenting podcast and it was by far my favorite book of the year. Witty, relatable and just a fun, lighthearted read. A must-read for any woman in her 30s.

4) Mrs. Fletcher - Tom Perrota: I've always been a big Tom Perrota fan and when I saw this book at the library, I immediately scooped it up.

5) Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies - Michael Ausiello: I have worshipped Michael Ausiello since his days writing for Entertainment Weekly. I have coveted his job for many years and wish I had thought to start TVLine. This book was sweet and so, so sad. I can't wait to see the movie adaptation with Jim Parsons.

6) When Breath Becomes Air - Paul Kalanithi: Why I chose two non-fiction books where someone dies in such a fragile year is beyond me. I had been hearing about this one for awhile and thought it was so beautifully written. I was so happy he got to meet his baby.

What are you planning on reading in 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment